Don’t Let an Accident Ruin Your Future – Get Kansas Semi Truck Accident Attorney Today!
A semi truck accident can be a devastating event that causes significant damage to property, injury to people, and even fatalities. If you are involved in such an incident, it is important to understand what is the average settlement for semi truck accident, what to do after a semi truck accident, the costs of a lawyer for semi truck accident, and what causes most semi truck accidents. This information can help you to make informed decisions and protect your rights by understanding about average semi truck accident settlement. In this article, we will explore the various aspects of Kansas semi truck accidents and what to expect.
Need legal help after a semi-truck accident? Contact our semi-truck accident lawyer at Royce Injury today!
What makes semi-truck accidents so complex?
What happens if you hit a semi-truck? Well, the complexity level of a semi truck accident for various reasons. Some of these reasons are;
- Semi-trucks are massive and heavy: The weight of a semi truck is between 35,000 – 85,000 pounds. This makes them 30 times heavier than other vehicles, causing severe injuries and a fatal semi-truck accident. Maneuvering and control are challenging for semi truck drivers due to the size and weight of the vehicle.
- Truckload: Semi truck accident is fatal because it carries a cargo of different types which adds to the complexity of injuries. Some cargo can be hazardous, precarious, and unsafe for other vehicles.
- Drowsy driving: Fatigue and drowsiness doesn’t go well with tight working schedules and long journeys. Driver’s sensory impairment due to fatigue impacts reaction time and the ability to drive properly.
- Improper maintenance: Heavy vehicles like semi trucks require regular maintenance checks to ensure their safety on the road. A semi truck can be very dangerous on the road if it is not regularly maintained.
- Regulations for trucking companies: Minimum working hours and standard maintenance rules are often ignored by trucking companies, hence adding to the complexity of semi truck accidents.
- A multi-party lawsuit: Liability is also an issue in a semi-truck accident because there is more than one party involved. Semi truck drivers, cargo companies, trucking companies, insurance companies, etc. Establishing liability is complex and requires thorough investigation.
All of these factors can make semi-truck accidents complex and challenging to resolve. It’s important for those involved to seek the help of experienced legal and medical professionals.
Intricate Factors and Reasons Behind Semi Truck Accidents
According to the crash stats of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 146,930 people were injured and 4,965 died in semi truck accidents in 2020. The Missouri State Highway Patrol confirmed the death of a 39-years old driver in a semi truck accidents yesterday. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) says that the fatalities by semi truck have increased by 35% over the last ten years. The factors that are responsible for semi truck accidents may include the;
- Navigation mistakes by the driver
- Lack of supervision or maintenance by tracking companies
- Extreme weather conditions
- Poorly maintained roads
- Overloading semi trucks by cargo companies
- Drowsy driving, DUI, and speeding
- Manufacturing defects
- Vehicle breakdown
What Parties Could Be Implicated in a Semi-Truck Accident?
A semi-truck accident includes many potential parties to the damages lawsuit. They may be a semi-truck driver, the semi-truck company that is the employer of the driver, companies that manufactured defective parts of the semi-truck, the maintenance department of semi truck companies, etc. Furthermore, if the government failed to provide road safety by delaying or ignoring mandatory road maintenance on time, they can also be held responsible to pay injury damages. Similarly, another driver on the road who caused a truck semi accident can also be held liable. However, determining the exact liability of each party requires a thorough legal investigation.
Understanding Insurance Policies Relating to Semi Truck Accidents
With a rise in the number of crash semi truck incidents, the average of how many semi truck accidents per year jumped to a staggering 13%. Just recently, there were reports of 3 semi truck accident today, and another accident semi truck today was reported in the news. Many insurance companies cover liability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, cargo insurance, and general damages by government insurance policies. Understanding semi truck vs car accident statistics can help you determine the kind of insurance claim you can make in the demand letter. Keeping an eye out on the latest news semi truck accident and insurance policies of the parties involved can help you stay prepared for any unfortunate event.
What Steps Should You Take Following a Semi Truck Accident?
According to semi truck lawyers, the most crucial steps to take after you have been in a crash semi truck accident are;
- See a doctor: Get your injuries checked even if you seem okay. Even whiplash can have medical implications on your spinal cord. Get checked for any internal injuries or bruises.
- Inform the police: Make an initial report to the police to get the accident officially recorded as a police report.
- Gather evidence and information: Police reports, the contact information of the semi-truck company, videos and pictures you took from your phone (if any), receipts of medical bills, statements of people witnessing the accident, etc.
- Hire a semi-truck accident attorney: Hire an expert semi-truck accident lawyer to act quickly and carefully after your accident. Injury lawsuits are often time-limited. Therefore you cannot waste your time and bring a lawsuit later.
- Inform your insurance company: Insurance companies often offer compensation after you send them a demand letter at the outset of an accident.
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident lawyer, know that you don’t have to face the aftermath alone. Our experienced lawyers at Royce Injury are here to help guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. With our support, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the rest. Don’t wait to get in touch and discover more about the ways we can support you.
- All You Need to Know About Knee Injury Workers Comp Settlement - 24th March 2023
- Find Experienced & Dependable Heavy Truck Accident Lawyer in Kansas City - 23rd March 2023
- How the Jones Act Gives Workers Compensation Rights - 16th March 2023