How Can Royce Injury Lawyers Help You With Motorcycle Accident in Kansas City?
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a motorcycle accident, this may be a very difficult time to navigate. When dealing with massive challenges like physical injuries and emotional distress along with lost wages, many motorcycle accident victims can make the mistake of choosing to handle an insurance claim independently.
However, that can work against you and put you at a disadvantage. An experienced Kansas motorcycle accident attorney who has represented many motorcycle victims can handle the details of your claim and negotiate on your behalf.
Top motorcycle accident lawyers at Royce Injury Lawyers can help you through the difficult aftermath of a motorcycle accident, fight for your rights and make sure to get you the compensation you deserve. We go above and beyond to strategize the best way forward for your case, considering its specifics.
How Often Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Kansas City?
The Insurance Information Institute estimated a 60% fatality rate per 100,000 registered motorcycles between 2012-2021. What causes most motorcycle accidents in Kansas City are the following circumstances:
- Motorcyclist was driving in blind spots.
- Other drivers’ failure to observe traffic regulations, i.e., driving under the influence, reckless, distracted, or fatigued driving, speeding, or tailgating.
- Weather conditions, i.e., heavy rain, road spills, strong winds, snow, etc.
- Poorly maintained roads
- Tank slapper
These are some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents in Kansas City.
Typical Injuries from Kansas City Motorcycle Incidents
A typical motorcycle accident attorney Kansas City has to deal with injury lawsuits related to;
- Bone fracture
- Spinal cord injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Damage to organ(s), tissues, muscles, and tendons
- Disability i.e., temporary or permanent
- Internal bleeding
- Psychological injuries to the brain
Where do most motorcycle accidents occur?
Motorcycle accidents are most prevalent on highways, underpasses, walkways, intersections, etc.
Don’ts to Remember Following a Motorcycle Accident
Always remember to;
- Seek medical treatment immediately after the accident.
- Not throw the receipts, medical bills, and related expenses while receiving your treatment.
- Focus on getting better.
- Consult a motorcycle injury lawyer to consider your options.
- File an insurance claim against the at-fault driver.
- Bring a lawsuit against the at-fault parties within five years of the accident to get fair compensation. Financial and non-financial compensation are the two most common motorcycle accident compensation examples.
- Gather and preserve all evidence you can find about the accident – pictures, videos, CCTV footage, police reports, statements of eyewitnesses, and media coverage of the accident (websites, newspapers, local channels, etc.).
Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents in Kansas City
Unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents are reported in Kansas City every year. Some of the common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Improper lane changes
- Sudden stops
- Impaired driving, including driving under the influence
- Defective motorcycles
- Poor road conditions
- Acted driving
Steps to Take Following a Motorcycle Accident
The crucial steps to follow after a motorcycle accident are;
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Recover from your immediate injuries.
- If you have any image, video, or other document related to the accident, preserve it.
- Seek a consultation with an injury attorney as early as possible to weigh your legal options—just type in “motorcycle accident lawyers near me” on the internet to find the best matches. If you are in Kansas City, you can book a free consultation with Royce Injury today!
How to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Kansas City
If you aren’t prepared for the legal processes of filing a motorcycle accident claim in Kansas City after an accident, it may be difficult to take immediate action in the face of someone else’s negligence.
The qualified and experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Royce Injury Lawyers are always available to help you investigate the details of your case and claim compensation.
Here are some steps for filing a claim and securing compensation in Kansas City:
Investigate the accident and gather evidence—photograph the scene of the accident, your motorcycle, road conditions, and other essential aspects of the incident. Collect CCTV footage of the scene and speak to the witnesses to record their statements in the presence of your motorcycle accident attorney.
Calculate your damages—your motorcycle accident attorney will help you calculate all the damages you suffered, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
File your official claim—this includes serving the defendant a notice of the claim.
Begin settlement negotiations—Insurance companies are skilled at manipulating motorcycle accident victims to accept a lowball offer. If you don’t want to settle for less than what you deserve, have your motorcycle accident attorney negotiate on your behalf. Motorcycle accident attorneys in Kansas City are skilled negotiators and know the ins and outs of dealing with insurance companies and protecting their clients’ interests.
Prepare to take the case to court, if necessary—sometimes, negotiations might not work, and the other party wouldn’t budge. In such cases, your injury lawyer in Kansas City may recommend taking the case to court. Stay prepared for this possibility and ask your Kansas City bike accident lawyer for some tips on presenting yourself well in court.
What is the Average Payout for a Motorcycle Accident in Kansas City?
The payout for a motorcycle accident in Kansas City depends on the severity of the injuries experienced by the victim. Hence, in cases of less severe injuries like soft tissue injuries, the payout can be in the $2,000 to $20,000 range.
However, in more devastating cases such as those that involve brain and spinal cord injuries, the payout can be up to $1 million.
Determining Motorcycle Accident Liability
While filing for compensation in a Kansas City motorcycle accident case in Kansas City, you’d need to prove that the other driver owed you a duty of care.
It was their negligence that caused the accident; had they not breached the standard of care, you wouldn’t have suffered.
However, as straightforward as this law may sound to you, it’s not always easy to determine motorcycle accident liability in the city. You would need to provide extensive evidence and put together a strong case to prove that it was the other driver’s fault that led to your injuries.
A trained and experienced Kansas City, MO motorcycle accident attorney who is well-versed in the laws of the state will make sure to cover all bases and not let any details fall through the cracks. They will thoroughly investigate the case from all angles and present evidence that would determine motorcycle accident liability more easily.
How to Avoid Motorcycle Accidents Risk
Most people who are not motorcyclists have little knowledge about when do most motorcycle accidents occur. If you are a new motorcyclist, it is essential to;
- Check your bike from time to time for maintenance. Check brakes, wheels, and mirrors. Not sure about any beginner motorcycle tips, read our top ten tips if you are a new motorcyclist.
- Avoid driving in blind spot areas.
- Do not exceed the allowed speed limits.
- Take responsibility for your own safety by wearing a helmet and protective equipment. The best defense is caution and vigilance on the road. No-fault motorcycle accident claims have a considerable chance of winning fair compensation compared to fault-based accidents.
Don’t Wait: Consult a Kansas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Immediately.
In many cases, the compensation amount cannot completely cover the driver’s insurance policy. Keeping that in view, it is essential to consult a motorcycle injury lawyer who can help you understand your compensation options better through motorcycle crash settlement examples that they observe regularly.
You have suffered a crash due to a car driver’s negligence in indicating direction changing and sustained a spinal cord fracture. You will be entitled to financial damages i.e. medical expenses, wage loss, workers’ compensation, disability benefits, etc. You may also get non-financial damages, such as punitive compensation against the driver.
Take action now before the statute of limitation kicks in!
“Having known Royce Injury Lawyers for many years, and as their structured settlement broker on numerous cases, i can say with utmost confidence that Royce is widely considered one of the best medical malpractice and personal injury firms in the Midwest! Our firm was called in to set up a Special Needs Trust for a baby that had suffered a birth injury. We saw first hand how Royce Injury Lawyers brought a unique combination of intelligence, compassion, hard work, and aggressiveness to the court room in representing their clients. I highly recommend Royce, as their track record speaks for itself!!!”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The economic losses include current and future medical bills, current and future income losses, home health aide services, household services, property damages, lost earning capacity, and accident-related expenses.
The non-economic losses may include compensation for pain and anguish, loss of consortium, emotional trauma, and worsening of prior conditions and injuries.
The motorcyclist is as responsible as the car driver for ensuring road safety while driving. Hence, as with all other vehicle accidents, liability must be proved during a motorcycle accident case.
Some factors to consider when proving who was liable or at fault for causing a crash in Kansas City includes:
· The cause of the accident (was the driver distracted or speeding?)
· The conditions of the road
· Maintenance and condition of the vehicle
· Location of the accident
· Statements of the witnesses
If you or a loved one has suffered due to someone else’s negligence on the road, let the experts at Royce Injury Lawyers help you out. Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Kansas City are compassionate individuals who’ll listen to the details of your case patiently and make sure that your rights are protected in the court of law.
Call us today for a free consultation session and get in touch with our team for more information.